Tuesday Brings Us ... a Portal?

8:12 AM Sarah 0 Comments

Welcome to the first ever official creativity day post! Here you will find short stories and poems written by Malachi and Sarah or YOU! That's right, YOU can submit your own works here! For more information click here.

Today's short story was written by the fabulous co-owner of Scribbles, Sarah!


The Door 


I slowly turned the cold brass door knob. The door squeaked as I pushed, and I nervously peered inside. I didn't know what would await me in this room. The air was as cold and brisk as winter, in fact it was cold enough to snow in here. The room was pure white. It was unnaturally bright and I tried to shade my eyes with my hand. There was a complete absence of life in this room. Every room I walked through was like something out of the twilight zone: nothing was ever as it seemed. Every room had a different challenge. The main goal was to find the door to the next room in hopes of getting out of here.

My time was running out and I knew I had to find her soon before She was taken through her Door. I couldn't let her go to that horrid place. That's where her soul would go to die over and over. She'd be neither dead nor alive. She would exist only to cease existing. I had to get her out of here. The longer you stayed in this place the more you disappeared. I was starting to vanish. I was turning into a ghost. This place was not on a normal plane like reality was; this is where the supernatural and real life plane meets. This was the bridge from the real to the unreal. It links two opposite worlds together, it's like an in between world. It's a world that shouldn't exist yet it does. It's somewhere you visit in your dreams and nightmares. This place was neither good nor bad yet bad things tend to happen here.

The brightness of the room was intense. It was about 5 degrees in here yet I wasn't cold. I wasn't warm either. I walked along the walls, feeling my way around in hopes of finding a light switch or a door. As I felt my way around I realized that I was losing feeling in my hands. The walls were generating the frigid temperature. My hands were becoming frostbitten. I walked away from the wall and decided to venture into the center of the room. The farther away I walked from the walls the dimmer and warmer the room became. 

I no longer had to shield my eyes from the intense light. The light was soon consumed by the darkness. It was becoming so dark I could feel it. Suddenly there was light. The sudden change from darkness to light temporarily blinded me. When my eyes had adjusted I stared in awe and amazement. Directly in the center of the room was a black hole. I stared into the vacuum of space and time. I felt it drawing me closer and closer.

 Over the black hole was the door suspended in midair. I would have to jump over the black hole in order to reach it. I would only get once chance at this, because if I didn't reach the door I would fall into the dark and endless abyss.

I sized up the black hole and the door. The door looked old and worn. There was no door knob from what I could tell. I would have to run and jump through the door. 

I backed up a bit, then went into a full run. I jumped. 

I missed and I fell into the hole of time and space.

THE END

If no one has noticed by now, Malachi and Sarah love to write cliffhangers. They love it so much in fact they are banned from over 100 countries because their fans there are revolting against cliffhangers. OK, not really. 

Please subscribe to this blog by entering your email into the Follow By Email form to the left or by following the blog's Google+

See ya tomorrow!
~SarChi 

0 comments: