Question Time!

9:58 AM Unknown 0 Comments

It's Friday here again at Scribbles, you know what that means, it's QUESTION TIME! :D



Ok, Rebeca Black was probably uncalled for... 


Q&A time! 

1) Do you write while listening to music? What are some of your favorite tunes to write to?


Malachi: OH my goodness, YEEES!! I listen to music EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. It really helps me focus and get energized for what I am writing about. For me it's pretty similar to sports: the more exciting the music, the more pumped I get. MY personal favorites are all rousing and loud: Two Steps From Hell, Instrumental Core, Skyrim - The Elders Scrolls V, basically any Hanz Zimmer soundtracks, John Williams soundtracks, or just about anything exciting.

Sarah: I rarely write while listening to music. It's really distracting and I can't think straight with it on. If I was listening to music then I went to go write something I just can't, I'd have to close out of it or pause it. I do like to listen to the Vitamin String Quartet, Guitar Tribute Players, and Piano Tribute Players for background music in general though. There was a recent study that proved that listening to music, although making you more productive actually hinders your thinking process and ability to recall and I have found that for me it's very true. I like being able to hear myself think and music is really very hindering to that process. 


2) What are your favorite movies, and why?


Malachi: My favorite Trilogy would be The Dark Knight Trilogy, and Lord of the Rings. Both of those trilogies have a lot of raw emotion and intense moments, and even though they are long, they always have really exciting and awesome endings. I always love a giant battle, or a superhero beat-down. I also love my share of DreamWorks movies such as How To Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda and such. They have great soundtracks, but more than that, they have lovable and relatable characters, as well as adventurous storylines and plot. A few other movies I love: The Last Samurai, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Depp) Night at the Museum, and Hoosiers, Facing the Giants, Glory Road, Miracle, basically any sports movie there is!

Sarah: I love Bed Knobs and Broomsticks. I love love love love Angela Lansbury. If she is in a movie, its instantly my favorite. My other favs would be Chicken Little, all of the Toy Story's, Finding Nemo, [insert all Disney and Pixar movies here] Do I really have to explain Pixar and Disney? They be my life <3 Oh and My Fair Lady, I just love a classic movie. I love any classic movie really. Singin' in the Rain, Breakfast at Tiffiny's, A Day at the Races, all those types of movies I love. 


3) Does Mess like the Doctor Who TV show or not? If so, does he like it more or less than Sarah does? 


Malachi: I do not like the show, only because I've never watched it o.o I've heard so many good things about it, but I've never taken the time to check it out myself. So there is no way on earth that I like it more than Sarah. :)

Sarah: I highly doubt Malachi is a fan of the show. Otherwise he would have picked up on the fact I was auto-corrected when I sent him my idea for a Doctor Who post and wouldn't have used the incorrect form of the plural of the Silent, which is the Silence. ;) I am a true Whovian. I have watched both Classic and the reboot of the show. I have my David Tennant t-shirts, my sonic screwdriver (I built it myself), and I'm the admin of The Doctor and Disney page on Facebook (If you want to stalk me, my admin name is ~Princess Anna of Gallifrey~) So, I think that answers that question >.>

4) Is it OK/right to sing lyrics to a song when you don't really mean it? I am a singer, I love it, but when I sing I need to do it with all my passion and truth? I feel like a fraud when i sing the words but don't mean them.


Malachi: Unless I'm in a choir, I don't sing songs that I don't mean the lyrics to. I wouldn't say it's wrong (unless the words are actually bad) so sing it if you wish, but if you have the choice, work on something that you personally love and enjoy and go all out for that. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable. At the same time, if you have to sing something you don't like as much, try researching the song to see the background of it, and that may make you enjoy the song more, or hate it more, but at least you'll know WHAT you are actually singing!

Sarah: It's totally ok as long as you're enjoying yourself. I love to dance, and when I dance I want to dance with all my passion and heart, but sometimes I don't agree with the music or the theme that I'm dancing to. I still dance passionately to that type of stuff because I love to dance. It's ok if you don't agree with what you're singing, as long as you enjoy singing. Do everything you do to the best of your ability.

5) What's your favourite YouTube channel?


Malachi: I don't follow many, but mine would have to be Rhett & Link, followed by TheReACTChannel. Rhett and Link is more for my creative side, and is actually a big reason to why I started this blog with Sarah. ReACT is more for when I feel like laughing at elders trying to play video games, or teens spazzing out as they play horror games. Besides that I like RocketJump, CorridorDigital, and Julian Smith.

Sarah: Being the science nerd that I am, I love SciShow. Like looovvveee SciShow. I just sit and binge watch science channels all day really, but SciShow is like my #1. My other favorites are Vsauce, DNews, It's Ok To Be Smart, and ASAP Thought. But Hank Green is my bae <3 (He's on SciShow too) I do follow other non-science channels like The Pet Collective, Numberphile, Good Mythical Morning, Rhett and Link, The Honest Guys, What Travis Says, Stuff Mom Never Told You, and a few of my friends channels. 

Well that concludes this week's questions! Thank you to everyone who submited a question! 

Be sure to like and share this with your friends! :) If you would like to submit a question, you can do so here. 

See ya Monday! 

~SarChi

0 comments: