Tuesday and the Beast!

8:28 AM Sarah 0 Comments

Welcome to Tuesday here at Scribbles! Today, Sarah's awesome friend, Maria, has shared her amazing poetry with us!

Note: this is a slam poem so the formatting is a little weird to read.

The Beast 
by Maria Krim

I lie in my bed, the foreboding darkness engulfing me, 
the agonizing silence mixed with the subtle heartbeat that my chest gave off, increasing in speed as the beast drew near. 
I felt its paws drag up my blanket,
 it's tail flicking ravenously, 
it licking its jaw in preparation for its next meal. 
I hear only growls from this beast, 
mixed with hisses that sounded as if hell had maimed itself within this creatures throat. 


It stopped, and I felt a sharp pain in my hand. 
The creature had dug its knife-like claws into my sensitive flesh, 
tendering me and assuring I was cooked well-done. 
I awaited as it stopped, knowing of my upcoming end. 
I knew this was it, that I had no chance to bid my loved ones adieu. 
I saw its silhouette in the darkness, 
it's mouth opening as it readied its vicious cry. 
I saw it's shining fur; a midnight black clashing with the angelic white it wore all to well. 

It seemed as if it was once a harmless being but was morphed into this vicious monstrosity. 
I cringed as the sight, tensing my muscles and attempting to mentally prepare myself for what was coming. 
It went still, it's maddened yellow eyes peering into the depths of my shattered soul. Then, it happened. 

The creature jumped on my chest and let out its demonic cry. 
Only a second went by as the world stood still, 
everything in slow motion as it's jaw opened. 
I caught a glimpse of its sharpened teeth and it let out a cry created by the devil himself, 
made of the screams of damned souls. 
It readies it's roar and.. Meow. 

Wow, that had me scared up until the end! This poem is actually about her Texudo Cat, Bow (as in "bowtie"). Thank you Maria for sharing your poetry with us! 

If you would like to share your work, click here

Want to submit a question to Scribbles? Click here

Don't forget to vote for last weeks fandom! Results will be announced this Thursday! 

If you havent already noticed, Scribbles has a few new features ;) Feel free to check them out! And speaking of new features, be sure to take part in the Scribbles Revamp! 

Please be sure to vote how you would rate Scribbles on the poll widget to the left.

See ya tomorrow!

~SarChi 

0 comments: